Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why must it be like this?

Why do you hate me so?
I've never done anything to you.
The only thing I have done to you is give you your space
and respect that everyone deserves.
And yet you look at me with disgust,
because of my background.
You make jokes about my skin color and my culture.
Might I remind you that you get tan and dark
when you have been out in the sun.

We are all equal and have the same rights here.
And yet you make laws against me and belittle me.
I am a lot like you except for my heritage, and skin.
Isn't this American where everyone has the same rights?
Or are we going back to when we had the Jim Crow laws?
Didn't you learn about the injustice from those laws?
And yet here we are about to do the same thing,
but to a different heritage.
Do we really need to go through another civil war?
Or anything like that?

I will have you know that I will fight against these laws
until they are taken down.
For these laws are against me and are not right what so ever!
I want my kids and other kids to be able to grow up without this
racism against them.
I will do the best I can to give these kids this dream.
For no kid or person should have to go through this.
This is my dream. just like Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment