Friday, January 11, 2013

Continuing from where I left off

Wow...It has been a long time since I've posted on my blog, makes me feel sad since I love writing on here. :( Let's see, my last post was about graduation. There have been so many things that have happened since then. After graduation my family and I went to visit extended family in Texas. It was nice to see my wonderful cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandparents. Texas, was well hot like usual, so I stayed in the air condition places since I do not like hot weather. Anyway, I believe it was a week after we got back home, that my grandma called. She told my dad that my Uncle-Grandpa had pasted away.

I hadn't even known that Uncle-Grandpa was sick. I knew he wasn't the healthiest person in the world, but when I last saw him he seemed fine. I believe my whole family was shocked to hear the news, but we were thankful that we saw him before he pasted away. Sadly, we could not go to his funeral. He was a very interesting man, I wished I had gotten to know him better. But then isn't that always true of when someone you love passes away? Don't you always wish that you had seen and/or known the person better? Wish you had spent more time together?

That was about it for the summer. I worked my summer away after coming home from Texas. Before I knew it, summer was gone. Then came Fall Semester of '12. I took bio 1, macroeconomics, cultural anthropology, gospel of John and spiritual leadership and development or SLD for short. All my classes went well, I got good grade like usual. I am so thankful that macroeconomics is the last economics class I will ever have to take!! Although, I did learn a lot in that class and now I understand more about politics. I might post my paper on if we should have another stimulus package, if I do I'll do that later. Cultural Anthropology was also a lot of fun, eating different foods, getting married (long story that has now come to the point where I have a family at crown....it's too confusing to write) and listening to Wycliffe translators tell us about their experience! SLD was a great eye opener about leadership, and how we define leadership is messed up.

During all my business with school, my poor boyfriend Josh had to hear about. Josh got his GED in September!! I am so proud of him!!!  I need to start heading out, so I will have to continue this post later, might as well end on a happy note right?
May the odds forever be in your favor!
~Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment