Tuesday, April 13, 2010

To my birth mother

Hey everyone,
So last night while I was trying to get as much sleep as possible because I had the first segments of the MCA read test today, I woke up at 12:35ish. I woke up because of the thunderstorm and what I think was hail that was banging into my window. In other words it was super loud, so it kept me up. While I was up I started thinking about my birth mom. She was super special and she did what must have been the hardest thing a mother can do, she gave me up for adoption. She's super special because she could have 1) got an a abortion or 2) kept me even though she didn't have the best life or 3) put me up for adoption. As you know she put me up for adoption. While I was thinking about this, I started thinking what would I want her to know she made the best choice for me and etc.. While I was thinking about this I suddenly got up and grabbed my notebook and started writing this poem. Understand I wrote this half asleep, but I hope you enjoy it. Also to my birth mom I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You will always have a special place in my heart! Well I hope you enjoy the poem. May the odds be in your favor.
~Sandy

To my mother
by Sandra Cash

Thank you so much mother!
For you gave me the greatest gift a mother can give.
You gave me life,
even when you could have chosen not too.
Not only did you give me life,
but you also gave me to a family.
I know it must have been the hardest thing for you.
To give up your little baby girl,
and to know you might never see her again.
I want you to know the family you game me to
has raised me the best that they can.
They have give me the best they can give,
which in reality is a lot.

I want to thank you mother.
For loving me so much that you gave me up for adoption.
If you ever questioned if you did the right thing.
Let me tell you that you did the perfect thing for me.

Where ever you are dear mother.
I want you to know
You will always have a special place in my heart for you.
I love you and I'm thankful for everything you have done for me.
I will never forget all the sacrifices you have made just for me.
You made those sacrifices because you love me and for that I say
Thank you mother for everything! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment